During high school your junior and senior year are equally important. While your junior year is the year where colleges will see your grades and any extracurricular activities you have participated in, doesn’t mean that your senior year will go unnoticed.
Some tips to think about the summer before your senior year are the following:
1. Research colleges and start taking trips to them which will narrow down which ones you want to apply to.
2. Start thinking about what you will write for the essay when applying, as some of them will be the same for multiple colleges.
3. Ask your current high school teachers to write you letter of recommendations as they are very important.
4.Create a resume of all the things you participate or are involved in.
5. Get as involved as you can in leadership positions for the organizations you belong to.
6. Plan which academic courses you will be taking and challenge yourself to take higher classes.
7. Take ACT and SAT prep courses and sign up as soon as you can. Colleges look for these scores.
8. Read challenges books that will boost your vocabulary. It will help with the ACT and SAT tests as well.
9. Be aware of your finances and how to prepare and save by opening and managing bank accounts or credit cards.
10. Use your parents knowledge and guidance to help you make all the decisions necessary for getting into college.